When you go through alone in facing and hurdling your struggles, it is harder for you to succeed. There comes a time you will lack motivation, and what would likely happen is you isolate yourself. And that’s what keeps you stuck all throughout.
For that entire time, you will only be bugged by the noises running through your head, and nothing will ever happen.
But when you take action and invest in yourself, something bigger and more profound happens. We learn more, and in so doing, we grow more. And we do better in life — personal and careerwise. That’s what’s going to happen when we show the universe that we deserve the peace and freedom that eluded us for the longest time.
Another thing is, you don’t have to do things alone. If all you think is that you are the only one having that problem, that obsession with food that is so hard to resist, that feeling of shame and guilt — you are wrong. Having a community of people who go through what you are experiencing provides a support system that makes your journey worth taking your steps on. With someone to guide you and motivate you when things don’t seem to go right, it’s one big help. Not to mention having people who know exactly what you are facing and sharing their own triumphs and struggles, is something to look forward to.
As you decide to invest in yourself, you will be tested, though. The feelings of insecurity and scarcity come in to make you feel guilty about taking care of yourself. That is hard, but you always have a choice of listening to that voice of you getting out of the trap you are in or giving in to that fear, that scarcity mindset. It’s all about believing and acting on something that will give tremendous benefits long-term.
If you decide to invest for yourself big time, it will also come back to you in more ways than one. That’s how things happen. Significant investment means a big commitment. And if it’s for your lifetime of peace and freedom, it’s all the more worth it.
“If we don’t have that community, if we don’t have that system of support of those champions behind our back, who are also doing the same thing we are, it makes it extremely challenging to succeed. I actually 100% believe that it’s absolutely impossible to succeed.”
– Leslie Thornton
What you will learn from today’s episode:
- 02:47 – The power of investing in yourself
- 10:11 – What comes up every time you make a decision to care for yourself that keeps you stuck
- 11:17 – The difference between you and Elon Musk
- 14:18 – What happens when you don’t listen to the fear but to the voice wanting to never be stuck again
- 17:36 – What leadership teaches you and what a community of champions helps you with
- 18:41 – The reason why Leslie’s business was not growing and what she realized when she invested in a high ticket course
- 23:01 – Things get less scary as you get out of your comfort zone every time you invest in yourself
- 27:57 – What those fears and nervousness you feel tell you when you invest in yourself
- 29:07 – How the law of attraction works when you invest in yourself
Connect With Leslie Thornton: