It’s human nature to run away from pain. Who would want that?
That’s so crushing and depressing and even devastating.
But the more we resist it, the more it complicates things.
How do we truly feel the pain and embrace it, so we expand and find freedom?
Samantha Skelly is a self-made entrepreneur and CEO of two multimillion-dollar wellness companies. She is a highly sought-after international speaker, best-selling author, and wellness coaching expert with a heart-centered approach to business coaching and life for two companies. These include the Hungry for Happiness Movement that helps men and women experience true transformation and authentic happiness through training certified coaches to utilize emotional and energetic coaching techniques so that no one needs to suffer in silence. And Pause Breathwork whose mission is to unite all of humanity by helping people breathe, feel and heal.
In this episode, Samantha shares how we can get into the body, welcome pain, fully feel it and exhale compassion through Breathwork. As she talks about it in this episode, her life is a picture of how she dealt with the pain. With all the turmoil it brought, she fully faced it, and she was entirely crushed. But, here she comes rising, opening up to more nurturing relationships and breathing in a life of co-nourishing dynamics. And without mentioning, a life designed with self-love at its core, above all.
“When we try to just figure out our problems from the level of the mind, we’re thinking about how to feel better. But with Breathwork, we don’t have to think about how to feel better; we just feel to feel better.”
– Samantha Skelly
What you will learn from today’s episode:
- 02:37 – The path that led her to stumble upon Breathwork and the foundation of her business
- 05:34 – One biggest issue that leads one to overeat and have an addiction
- 07:20 – Welcoming pain and exhaling compassion
- 10:05 – Great mindset on getting people to change
- 12:17 – Shut up and just feel
- 13:45 – How we get caught up in our emotions
- 18:25 – Achieving a sustainable business and lifestyle
- 20:52 – Claiming a new standard – choosing self-love
- 24:02 – A life lived in ‘healthy co-nourishing dynamics’ through Breathwork
- 28:55 – How embracing pain opens up to more capacity to bring in aligned relationships
- 31:17 – Survival strategy being different for every person
Are you interested in becoming a breathwork facilitator? You can find all that here: pausebreathwork.com/facilitator
Connect with Samantha Skelly:
Connect With Leslie Thornton: