It’s so nice to be able to get back to your old self again and fit into a small pant size, wear that swimsuit you’ve been eagerly wanting to do, and strut yourself up on a beach somewhere and have that body weight you’ve been wishing for come to reality.
That is indeed so good to desire for yourself. Who wouldn’t want that? But more than losing weight and getting that skinny body you want for yourself, it’s about getting that right mindset on how to deal with body image and weight issues. It’s about healing that part of yourself that reacts to triggers that, if when hit wrongly, will have you spiralling downward again and losing control of all that you’ve resolved to do.
More importantly, it’s about doing away entirely with all that diet mentality we were made to believe worked but only made us feel worse about ourselves the moment we fall off track of it.
Think about this — getting uncomfortable, feeling all the emotions, feeling all the pain, excavating into the deep recesses of your being and bringing it to the surface, and laying things all out for you to deal with once and for all. That way, you get emotional mastery of whatever comes your way and, in the process, lose weight without you knowing it, and food is no longer what you are obsessing about.
Ready for that? Come and let’s hop on the journey of a lifetime of peace and freedom.
“Everyone who comes to this program really wants to lose weight. But they have the awareness, and they have the understanding that it is about way more than the weight that’s holding them back. They’re aware that it’s their mindset, they’re aware, you’re aware that you’ve been struggling with this for your entire life. You’re also aware that you feel like you can’t do it again, that at this point in your life, you can’t do another diet again, and you’re scared to death that it’s all going to come back.”
– Leslie Thornton
What you will learn from today’s episode:
- 01:18 – Quick announcement
- 04:59 – How weight loss can happen with ease and grace
- 07:55 – Who this program is for
- 13:45 – What you need to understand about this permanent weight loss
- 15:45 – How to force yourself to make time for yourself and really show up
- 19:16 – The many things we do to face the challenges of the times, but that is not getting deep into the real issue
- 21:01 – Getting that relaxed, peaceful, and meaningful conversation with everyone
- 24:35 – How to be present and enjoy every moment of where you’re at without obsessing about food
- 27:19 – Feeling the pain and all the emotions and getting done with it and being free
Connect With Leslie Thornton: