Frustrated at not being consistent with your diet plan? Are you still in that hamster wheel cycle of losing now and gaining weight later? Does it seem like an endless struggle for you?
That’s probably because the more you’re attached to something, the more you get disappointed every time you fail.
In this episode, Tina, an Hypnosis for Permanent Weight Loss graduate, shares her experience of being so obsessed with her body weight issues that things magnify her struggles. She ends up frustrated, even with how hard she tried losing weight. But when she found out about Hypnosis, that’s when things started transforming. For her, this is what freedom looks like — choosing what is good for you because that is how your body feels about it. It’s not about how bad or good the food is. It’s making a decision based on what you want and what your body feels it wants and needs. It’s about confidence in knowing you are better, even with or without it.
“Just stop the craziness. It’s so freeing and accessible to people that if you want to make the change, you can, and you just have to believe in the process, believe in the program, and find the means to do it. And, get out of that hamster wheel cycle, that diet mentality.”
~ Tina VanDerwerker
What you will learn from this episode:
- 03:13 – Looking at her past weight issues and what led her to consider Hypnosis
- 06:01 – Sharing the experiences of how it was like going through a difficult cycle of weight gain and weight loss
- 09:01 – One particular session in the program that stood out for her
- 10:49 – It wasn’t about the food; it was all about friendship and listening to your body
- 13:33 – Owning her love for her favorite soft ice cream and never feeling guilty about it
- 17:31 – What it looks like to have the freedom to choose to eat or not to eat anything you want
- 22:04 – Choosing things that are better for you because of how it makes you feel and not out of fear of anything
- 25:50 – How it’s freeing to be the person who enjoys life and not be so attached to that ‘diet’ thing
- 26:53 – An important piece she took from the Hypnosis program
Connect with Tina VanDerwerker:
Connect With Leslie Thornton: